Sunday, August 12, 2007

french stop aids posters

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I once used these posters for the presentation about metaphor in DIM1, and I think they are impressive. They use photograph of people in sexual acts with partners that are ... poisonous insects. The posters make me shiver when I first saw them, but I think that because they're shoking or scary, they left greater impression. They convey the idea of danger in non-safe sex in a very straight forward way and actually make people feel that danger. I've nerver forgotten them since I saw them 2 semester ago. When I listened to Maddy lecture about safe sex posters, I immediately remembered these two.

Because they use photograph, it's easy to make people to pay attention. The campaign came with 2 posters, to aims to both men and women, the target audience is very clear in these poster too. The line of small text at the bottom right (in French naturally) translates into:
“without a condom, you’re making love to AIDS. Protect yourself”

No comments: