Sunday, September 16, 2007

Title sequence - Princess Raccoon

I've posted the link to http://www.submarinechannel.com/ once for the Elephant Tales title sequence but I want to introduce this link again for another title sequence I found later. As a fan of Japanese culture, I took a liking to this title pretty fast, but I don't really know how to describe this piece well, so I'll borrow their introduction:


Princess Raccoon
"The contemporary and the traditional merge in this beautiful, multi-layered title sequence. The title sequence consists of several side-scrolling overlapping layers with animated, static and abstract visual elements that contain a lot of Japanese cultural references." (from submarine)

I was amazed by the way the layers are put on top each other without any blending, the cuts are just straight and show clear differences. While the content of of the picture are all traditional drawing, the way they're merged is like the way in contemporary art. I think this combination is quite new and unique.

No comments: